Carleton Garden Club

Carleton Garden Club

Carleton Garden Club is a friendly club of people from the Carleton area who enjoy a spot of gardening. This blue butterfly (above) is admiring their flowers.

Carleton Garden Club

The club meets monthly at St Hilda’s and St Martin’s Church Hall on Fleetwood Road in Carleton, on the second Monday of each month. Doors open at about 7:10 for a prompt 7:30pm start.

There’s usually have a guest presenter for a talk or demonstration at meetings. There’s also hold a plant sale for members in May, along with gardening themed social evenings in January and June. Plus a Gardeners’ Question Time style event in September. After refreshments and a chance to catch up with friends, you can share tips from the experienced gardeners.

Carleton Garden Club also run two or three coach trips each year to formal open gardens or flower shows. Members and non members are welcome to join the trips. Details are available at meetings.

Everyone is warmly welcomed, entry is £1 for members or £2 for non members and that includes the cuppa and biscuit. It costs just £5 to join for the calendar year. Just turn up at the meetings, there’s no need to get in touch in advance.

It’s a very friendly club and everyone is most welcome.

What you can grow, with the advice of Carleton Garden Club
What you can grow, with the advice of Carleton Garden Club

The leafy plants on the right of the fork are sweetcorn. You can get a harvest if you grow it in a sunny spot with several plants together for pollination.

Get in Touch

You will find the clubs forthcoming meetings on the Visit Fylde Coast events calendar.

For more information you can contact Jean on 01253 356330, Joan on 01253 823051 or Shirley on 01253 356791.

Carleton Garden Club – Twenty Years and Still Growing Strong!

Carleton Garden Club were delighted to be able to celebrate their twentieth anniversary in the summer of 2014.

What started in August 1994 as a group of friends getting together in a living room is now a thriving club of people with a common interest in gardening. And that’s something to be jolly pleased about.

If you’ve not been to a meeting, why not go along?

Flower arranging demonstrations
Displays from a flower arranging demonstration – the kind of thing members and visitors can look forward to seeing
Bleeding Heart - colourful and graceful and needs splitting every 3 years to make more plants.
Bleeding Heart – colourful and graceful and needs splitting every 3 years to make more plants.
Carleton Garden Club visit Dalemain
Carleton Garden Club visit Dalemain. The group had lovely weather to wander through the rose garden and the rest of the grounds.
Rose at Dalemain
Rose at Dalemain
apple blossom was taken by club member Lucy Ainsworth
This apple blossom was taken by club member Lucy Ainsworth

Members get plenty of tips on growing apples from Anne who has about 10 varieties in her modest Thornton Cleveleys garden.

While you’re here…

Have a look at the homepage of the Visit Poulton-le-Fylde website for more of the latest updates.

Love the Fylde Coast? Sign up for your weekly email newsletter. Packed full of interesting things it arrives in your inbox all 52 weeks of the year.

Join us on Facebook at our Visit Fylde Coast Facebook Group

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @visitFyldeCoast

What do you think, add a comment

2 Comments
  1. Avatar

I man have contacted you a few years ago. I would be delighted to come and speak to your Gardening Group on any of a number of gardens. Please take a look at my website where you can find: 1. All the talks that are available; 2. All the engagements I currently have, and have had over the past year or two; and 3. Some testimonials, which I have only just put on the site.

Hope I can help

2. Avatar

Hello , I give talks and demos on Roses for gardens and exhibition,
    Proud to be a national judge for the BRITISH ISLES ROSE SOCIETY and the Rose society UK. I live at Catterall Garstang, not far away

Regards John Watson

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *